Following consultation with clubs and consideration of their formal responses, the following outcomes have been determined for the remainder of the 2022 season based on club positions.
- Outstanding fixtures in the FQPL 2 Women’s and FQPL 3-6 Men’s competitions will move to remaining catch up rounds and a small number of games will be scheduled for mid-week. If more fixtures are lost due to poor weather, extending the season by two weeks will be implemented (factoring in play-off matches for promotion into the FQPL 2)
- No rounds will be recorded as 0-0 draws
- Finals Series will remain across all competitions as per feedback provided by clubs
- Community Senior competitions have been extended by two weeks and the Finals Series will be played during the September school holidays
- Community Junior competitions have been extended by two weeks and the Finals Series will be played after the September school holidays
- Due to the closeness in number of responses regarding MiniRoos playing after the September school holidays, the decision has been made to add two rounds to the first and last weekends of the school holidays. FQ understands that there are teams who will not be able to participate, however will work with clubs to ensure that participating teams do not miss out (which may involve opposition teams lending players to allow these children to play)
- Most clubs have acknowledged that mid-week catch up fixtures may be necessary in order to deliver the season as best as possible for all participants
- Extending the season marginally by two weeks will mean that there will be less impact on player loading from playing continuous fixtures. Training will also be less impacted with less mid-week catch up rounds, easing the pressure on clubs to juggle both training sessions and games
Enjoy what’s left of this weekend and your remaining games and may the sun keep shining.